- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in a related field, required.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and robotics required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Related industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and Fanuc automation equipment preferred.
In support of the overall Learning College the Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) Instructor will provide high quality learning experience for college students. The instructor will teach electronics and automation courses, provide high quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations; perform instructional-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College. The instructor will also have an active role in, data collection for program assessment, advising, and a commitment to the Learning College concept.
- Teach courses in EET/CET programs, including but not limited to, DC/AC circuit theory, semiconductor devices, industrial controls, programmable logic controllers, and robotics.
- Development and delivery of relevant course content for all courses assigned using a combination of in-class and online modalities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Learning College initiative.
- Be supportive of students’ learning goals.
- Be prompt and accurate in the recording and reporting of student data.
- Maintain prompt communication with supervisor.
- Assist the dean and lead instructors in the procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and improve program lab facilities, supplies and equipment.
- Serve on the EET/CET Advisory Committee.
- Actively participate in college committees and/or college-wide activities as elected or assigned.
- Serve as an academic advisor and assist in the registration process.
- Requires instructing some evening classes (typically 2 evenings per week).
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform expectations of a faculty member as stated in Full-Time Faculty Job Description https://www.isothermal.edu/manual/human-resources/performance/assets/ft-faculty-position-description.pdf
Skills and Abilities
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the mission, history, current programs, services and goals of Isothermal Community College.
- Ability to establish, cultivate, and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, students, peers, etc.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) in a variety of settings with people from diverse backgrounds, educational levels, and age groups.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact