- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
> The applicant must possess and maintain a current North Carolina or National Registry Paramedic credential.
> The applicant must possess a NC Level I EMS Instructor credential with eligibility to attain a NC Level II EMS Instructor credential within a year.
> The applicant must have a minimum of a BS degree.
> The applicant should have 5 years of clinical experience with an EMSprovider at the Paramedic level and should have 5 years of teaching experience. The teaching experience should incorporate educational methodology, curriculum development, test construction, and measurement/evaluation.
> The candidate should have provider certifications for ACLS, PALS or PEPP, and ITLS or PHTLS. It is preferred that the candidate has instructor certifications in these disciplines, or, if not, willingness to attain such.
> In addition, the applicant must have excellent communication skills, computer applications proficiency, and the ability to work effectively with others.
This is a full-time 9-month position, with an additional 4-6 weeks in the first year. The Emergency Medical Science Lead Instructor is responsible for the planning, selection, organization, implementation, supervision, facilitation, and evaluation of the learning experience of curriculum EMS students. The EMS lead instructor will report to the Dean of Health Sciences for instructional responsibilities and to the Director of Emergency Medical Services Programs for program accreditation responsibilities.
EMS Lead Instructor Responsibilities:
1. Planning, placement, and supervision of students engaged in classroom and clinical education.
2. Establishing clinical and internship contracts and agreements with host facilities.
3. Assisting the Director of Emergency Medical Services programs with administrative and program duties related to accreditation and other duties that may be assigned.
4. Serving as a mentor/role model to students, faculty, and the community by presenting a positive professional image.
5. Being generally familiar with the North Carolina Community College System Combined Course Library and Curriculum Standards and keeping the Wilkes Community College catalog listings and discipline webpage information current and accurate.
6. Assisting the Departmental Chairperson or Dean of Division in maintaining academic currency (in conjunction with other full-time faculty members in the discipline, if any) by providing leadership for curriculum revision and development and by maintaining the quality and currency of the book and periodical collections in the Learning Resources Center/Library.
7. Assisting the Dean of Division in long- and short-range planning and determining an annual budget.
8. Assisting the Dean of Division every semester in preparing academic schedules and in selecting textbooks and submitting accurate and timely information for the division schedule and textbook order.
9. Recommending appropriate and current equipment, performing equipment inventories, maintaining equipment in good working condition, and taking necessary steps to ensure student safety around equipment.
10. Recruiting, mentoring, and evaluating qualified adjunct instructors.
11. Creating and maintaining current syllabi and ensuring that syllabi are posted to the college LMS for all sections of all courses being taught each semester.
12. Recommending appropriate persons to serve on the division advisory committee, attending advisory committee meetings, and maintaining contact with the advisory committee members.
13. Advising students toward completion of program, diploma, or degree goals and assisting students with job placement or college transfer.
14. Referring students, as appropriate, to student support areas of WCCincluding Counseling and/or Student Support Services, the Learning Resources Center, Student Services, the Writing Center, etc.
15. Attending commencement exercises, committee and task force meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled.
16. Other duties required by supervisor
How to Apply
Job Post Contact