Main Campus of Robeson Community College 5160 Fayetteville Rd., Lumberton, NC 28360
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, April 25, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: A minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in Emergency Medical Services or related field and/or equivalent professional experience. North Carolina EMS Credentialed as a North Carolina Paramedic or as a National Registry Paramedic and Level I Paramedic Instructor Credential. Two years of experience teaching in post-secondary educational environment; or experience instructing students as a preceptor; or experience as a training officer.
Preferred Qualifications: Associates Degree in Emergency Medical Science or related field, Level II Paramedic Instructor Certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Serve as Liaison for EMS Continuing Education (CE) Training
- Plan, organize, promote and teach precertification EMS CE courses (class, lab and clinical) for the College day, evening and online as required.
- Provide placement, advising and follow-up support services for students.
- Assist in the preparation of students for licensure and certification.
- Implement and assess identified student learning outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate records for certifications, credentials and licenses.
- Foster meaningful relationships with internal and external partners to effectively carry out the purpose of the office.
- Facilitate workshops, seminars, and support services, as requested.
- Maintain communication with instructors from other divisions in order to keep courses up-to-date and appropriate.
- Perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the College, the NCCCS and the North Carolina Office of EMS.
- Serve on department and college committees as requested.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts. Visit www.robeson.edu for information about this position and for an application. You may email completed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 910-272-3545