RCC Service Area
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree required. North Carolina Paramedic certification or National Registry Paramedic certification. North Carolina credentialed Level II EMS Instructor at Paramedic Level. Five years’ full-time field experience as a paramedic in the delivery of out-of-the-hospital emergency care. Two-years of experience as an instructor in an EMS program in a post-secondary institution. Two years’ experience of full –time supervisory and leadership experience. Knowledge of and experience with current versions of the National EMS Scope of Practice and National EMS Standards. Knowledge of and experience with national accreditation for EMS programs.Effective written and public speaking skills are required. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments.
Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with reference to the mission and the open door policy. The ability to problem solve and work directly with a diverse population of learners. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
General Description of the Position:
The Emergency Medical Science Program Coordinator, under the authority of the Vice President for Instruction and CAO and the supervision of the Dean of Allied Health and Human Services, is responsible for developing, implementing, instructing, coordinating, and evaluating the Emergency Medical Science program, both credit and non-credit, that will result in students achieving academic success.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Emergency Medical skills.
- Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation and recruitment.
- Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain inventory and submit requisitions for ordering of supplies.
- Assist in activities and cultivate relationships with appropriate local industry representatives to ensure program success.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
- Attend state and regional training for implementation at local level.
- Assumes a leadership role in the development of non-credit programming opportunities in WED, including CEU’s as appropriate.
- Maintain updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: February 9, 2020. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check. This is a 12-month position.
Salary: RCC Faculty Scale. Starting range, Bachelor’s degree, $59,208-$88,872. Master’s degree, $62,160-$93,300, commensurate with experience. Full-time, twelve-month position.
Location: RCC service area