Closes: Thursday, August 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent with college coursework in medical and dental office administration; AND
- One to three years experience in an EMS or other healthcare office setting.
- Customer service experience is required.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization, and human relation skills required.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and capable of multitasking.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Power Point, Publisher, Access, and Excel.
- Operates office equipment including multi-line telephone, fax machine, photocopier, calculator, and computer.
- Associates Degree in Office Administration or certificate in medical/dental office administration
- Experience working at a Community College.
- Advanced computer and office equipment skills
- Excellent Essential Skills-customer service orientation.
The role of the EMS Programs Administrative Assistant is to support the EMS Program Director and faculty. Additionally, in association with the Program Director, the Administrative Asssistant provides input for program assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation related to the EMS Program. The Administrative Assistant supports the NCOEMS and accrediting body standards in operating the EMS program as well as the objectives and mission of the institution.
This position is mission critical for OEMS and accreditation requirements.
The position is located at the Harnett Health Sciences Center in Lillington.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging faculty and students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Director of EMS Programs.
- Answers and provides guidance to all inquiries related to any EMS Program via telephone, personal contact, and email.
- Generates all contracts, contract revisions, and course outline packets for all EMS classes given in the three county service area.
- Coordinates and maintains systems developed for three County communications, semester schedules, contracts, book orders, and daily administrative paperwork.
- Assures that auditor compliance is maintained in all class paperwork distributed.
- Coordinates EMS office activities and provides superior customer service to public,
- students, faculty, and staff.
- Generates all Emergency Medical Services CEU certificates and prepares for mailing.
- Generates all Emergency Medical Services faculty packets and transports to and from class location
- Transports EMS equipment to community partners in CCCC's service area and picks up equipment when a class is completed.
- Collects Emergency Medical Services registrations and monies.
- Manages student fee waivers.
- Accepts EMS carrier shipments and sends out mailed materials.
- Assists EMS instructors with office equipment and clerical related needs.
- Prepares EMS related forms, makes copies, and sends copy requests to the copy center.
- Maintains EMS filing system, printers, and copiers.
- Maintains American Heart Association records, inventory, and CPR card delivery to students.
- Maintains class paperwork and student files. Re: scanning, filing, sorting, compiling post class records.
- Prepares student clinical rotation packets and student name tags.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.
- Assists the Emergency Medical Services Program Director with special EMS events held throughout the year.
- Troubleshoots equipment and computer problems.
- Communicates with IT Helpdesk for any computer and overhead projector
- equipment failures or installs.
- Ensures all EMS equipment is shut down
- Communicates with maintenance personnel to report EMS problems identified in work spaces.
- Prepares requisitions for clinic, lab, and office supplies based on Emergency Medical Sciences Program Director order requests and sends them in for processing.
- Enters EMS requisition items into eProcurement after approved by appropriate Director.
- Retrieve EMS orders, inventory the items, and send the packing slips/invoices to accounts payable.
- Assist accounts payable as needed with EMS bill processing questions.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.