Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate in Applied Science degree in Emergency Medical Science;
2. Experience as a Paramedic;
3. North Carolina or National Registry Paramedic credential;
4. Current ACLS, PALS, and CPR certifications with the ability to obtain instructor credentials in all the aforementioned certifications within six months;
5. Teaching experience in Emergency Medicine;
6. Current knowledge of U.S. Department of Transportation and Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) standards of care and the skills and abilities related to the function and scope of practice as an EMT Paramedic;
7. Current Level I EMS Instructor credential by NCOEMS with the ability to obtain Level II EMS Instructor credential within one year.
1. ITLS or PHTLS certifications with the ability to obtain instructor credentials in all the aforementioned certifications within six months;
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
3. BCLS, ACLS, and PALS instructor credentials;
4. Level II EMS Instructor credential by NCOEMS.
Job Description Summary
The EMS Continuing Education Coordinator manages all levels of courses assigned within the Continuing Education EMS program. Works with the department chair to ensure Workforce Continuing Education EMS offerings meet national, state, and local requirements. Serves as American Heart Association administrator. The coordinator maintains good working relationships with healthcare providers, community stakeholders, and other College programs.
• Manages all levels of courses assigned within the Workforce Continuing Education EMS program;
• Responsible for the development of teaching materials, activities, and handouts for each course;
• Participates in planning, implementation, and assessment activities to improve instructional quality of the program;
• Hires instructors, issues contracts, and reviews payroll for accuracy;
• Works with Communication Relations & Marketing to promote the program;
• Maintains communication between the department and various stakeholders;
• Monitors program enrollment trends and plans for program growth;
• Serves as the American Heart Association administrator for A-B Tech;
• Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) standards for Workforce Continuing Education;
• Maintains knowledge of, and Compliance with, the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS);
• Maintains professional certifications and seeks opportunities for professional development;
• Attends internal and external training sessions, including department meetings, to assure proficiency in educational programs;
• Occasionally instructs Workforce Continuing Education EMS courses as needed;
• Performs other duties as assigned by EMS Department Chair.