- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Current paramedic certification by the NC Office of EMS
- NC Level 2 Paramedic Instructor
- Must have completed the updated administrators course required for NC Level 2 Instructor
- Must be able to obtain CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certification Instructor within 12 months of date of employment
- Five years of experience as a paramedic
- Three years of EMS teaching experience
- Knowledge of COAEMSP Accreditation process and standards
- Understanding of online course delivery for EMS programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- NC Community College experience
Under the general supervision of the Director of Fire/EMS Training the Lead EMS Instructor will:
- Serve as an Instructor for the Paramedic Initial Classes as well as other ALS classes, as needed.
- Schedule clinical and ride time for all EMS.
- Monitor students in the field and ensure that all required documentation is completed correctly by the preceptors and students.
- Assist with class visitations for the monthly continuing education classes.
- Assist with the organization and inventory of the EMS supply room.
- Use a variety of instructional methods to achieve student learning according to expected outcomes.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Maintain a collegial classroom and learning environment that fosters respect and collaborative teamwork.
- Evaluate student performance in a timely manner to adhere to the course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet program needs which may include nights and weekends.
- Assist the program director in ongoing program evaluations.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Assist the program director in the development of new EMS training opportunities.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to enhance performance.
- Participate in EMS and college related meetings, as needed.
- Serve on college committees.
- Adhere to COAEMSP accreditation program requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director Fire/EMS training and/or the Vice President of Education & Training.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for applications is April 16, 2021.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact