- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A master’s degree or higher in communications or a master’s degree and 18 graduate credit hours in English.
- Community college teaching experience and credentials to teach in additional discipline(s) are preferred.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time English Instructor. The English Instructor will guide and direct the learning experiences of students through their knowledge, skills, and motivation in the fields of composition and literature. Members of the faculty agree to be accessible to students, other faculty, staff, and to those making inquiry to the College and to assume a fair share of the total workload of the College as may be assigned.
Instructional duties will include teaching topics in [discipline], using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses. Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
- Provide effective and high quality instruction in English.
- Keep up with the scholarship of his/her discipline.
- Support student learning outside of class.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and attendance records of students enrolled in classes and submit reports as required.
- Provide competent advising to students and participate in recruitment and retention activities.
- Support the Department of English and Humanities and the College in the fulfillment of its mission.
- Assist in program and curriculum review, revision, and development.
- Maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration at the college.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep up with innovative practices that improve teaching and learning.
- Teach a variety of English curriculum courses assigned based on department needs.
- Exhibit the five core values of Sandhills Community College.
- Serve on campus committees as appointed by the department and administration.
- Provide quality course delivery using online, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching methods based on department needs.