133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, October 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Use active listening skills.
- Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
- Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
- Be a team player,
- Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction as well as communicate professionally across a variety of constituent groups.
- Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in English or a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 18 graduate semester hours in a qualifying field. with a major in the teaching discipline. Good communication skills.
Preferred: Master’s degree in English. Bilingual.
Preferred: Some teaching experience. Some community college experience. Some experience with instructional delivery via distance learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. Requires extensive local travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need assistance or accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: $45,396.00 annually
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY: Depends on qualifications
Plan, prepare for and teach assigned courses; evaluate student progress and provide academic advising; maintain necessary records and submit institutional reports in a timely manner; assist in departmental and institutional planning; serve on college committees; perform other job-related duties. This position is supervised by the Department Head – General Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets and holds classes as scheduled;
- Provides assistance to students;
- Refers students to other college staff when necessary;
- Prepares, implements and evaluates student learning outcome-based course outlines based on program outcomes;
- Keeps current on subject matter and teaching methodologies;
- Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
- Completes and submits institutional reports on a timely basis;
- Provides input and participates in College's Planning Process;
- Maintains required office hours each week;
- Recruits students and implements retention strategies;
- Participates/assists with coordination of specific program/course management;
- Implements the College's Academic Advising System;
- Serves as Advisor to selected student organizations and/or associations;
- Serves as liaison between college, student, public, community and business/industry in area of professional expertise;
- Continuously analyzes and evaluates instructional results to improve instruction and evaluation of student progress;
- Provides students and college with written course expectations as defined by the college including general course information, course objectives, methods used in evaluation of students, grading policy, attendance policy, textbooks, etc.;
- Provides supervisor with a copy of all course SLOs and SLO assessment;
- Provides supervisor with a copy of all current course syllabi;
- Assists with connecting program learning outcomes to institutional competencies;
- Conducts on-going self-evaluations to improve instructional techniques and methodologies;
- Provides assistance in implementing the College's Program Review process and recommendations;
- Writes or assists in writing grants as appropriate to instructional area;
- Promotes a positive image of college;
- Engages in a program of professional development and community service;
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees.