Statesville and Mooresville, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach day and evening in-person and/or online classes
· Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
· Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility.
· Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
· Conduct class activities that are consistent with course objectives.
· Work with coordinator to order needed equipment and supplies.
· Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
· Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
· Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings.
· Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students in a congenial and professional manner.
· Comply with College policies and procedures.
· Remain current in the field of study.
· Communicate effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to teach composition, literature, and research skills.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
· Demonstrated ability to ensure student success, utilize effective classroom management skills, and employ effective and appropriate evaluations of student performance.
· Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity issues, and instructional technology.
· Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Master's degree in English preferred or master’s degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in English.
· Demonstrated experience in teaching in a community college setting is a plus.
Standard classroom environment, usually indoors, away from elements, with moderate noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain a stationary position for an extended period; move about the classroom, operate and position computers, as needed; and frequently communicate with students. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
This is a part-time position. Teach day and evening in-person and/or online classes at both Statesville and Mooresville campuses.
Local travel is required, including between campus locations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Christina Sharkey, Human Resources Assistant
Mitchell Community College
500 W. Broad Street, Statesville, NC 28677