RichmondCC Service Area
Closes: Monday, February 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in higher education required. Documentable, proven success working with college and/or high school students required.
Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences, both orally and in writing. Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, able to use student advising software and student online platforms. Ability to effectively use statistical analysis and prepare reports. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm. High degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to prioritize various tasks and assignments. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations facing our students.
General Description of the Position:
The Enrollment Management Coordinator will assist new and returning students in completing the necessary steps to enroll in Richmond Community College. This position will collaborate with other members of Student Services to provide support services to students identified as at-risk through predictive analytics. The Enrollment Management Coordinator will work with the Institutional Research office and become the clearinghouse for predictive analytics reports. The Enrollment Management Coordinator will provide assistance to students throughout their academic journey.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Work as a liaison to the Institutional Research office and become the clearinghouse for predictive analytics reports. Will be responsible for overseeing outreach efforts and documenting the results.
- Facilitate outreach calls/correspondence to students, potential students and other unique populations utilizing information from predictive analytics. These outreach calls will also include payment reminders.
- Guide prospective students through the admissions process which includes assisting with online applications, RDS (Residency Determination Services) applications, and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) applications.
- Conduct initial review of transcript(s) to determine if placement test is needed.
- Assist students with clarifying their career and academic goals as it relates to their choice of program.
- Advise and register first time and returning students.
- Complete Admissions Report and other reports as requested.
- Document student interactions utilizing campus retention software.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the College’s programs and requirements.
- Cultivate a basic knowledge of financial aid and scholarship opportunities for students.
- Respond to in-person, telephone, and written (including electronic) inquiries received from students, faculty, staff, prospective students and external audiences in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate referrals to campus resources for students perceived as at-risk.
- Attend professional development activities as requested/approved/required by the Vice President for Student Services.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.