Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, February 9, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual must be capable of a high level of independent judgment and critical analysis, and must possess the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personnel, including technical and non-technical personnel. Must be capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on all projects to completion. Must be able to take initiative and work well both independently and as part of a team. Must be able to motivate individuals from various areas of the college to work toward common goals.
Minimum: Master's degree in higher education or a related field.
Minimum: Higher education experience with five to seven years' experience in enrollment management or related area.
North Carolina Community College Experience. Experience with student information systems (SIS) and report and query writers, particularly Ellucian Colleague and Entrinsik Informer. Experience using data visualizations such as dashboards.
This position provides support for and fosters an institutional culture of strategic enrollment management. The Enrollment Management Strategist facilitates institutional decision-making processes related to areas such as enrollment and FTE goals/trends, retention/recruitment strategies, marketing, and program and course offerings.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan
- Lead the work of the Strategic Enrollment Management Committee and its subcommittee(s)
- Coordinate development and implementation of semester communication plans
- Identify data needs related to enrollment management and communicate to institutional research staff
- Present enrollment management data to stakeholders and guide data-informed decision making related to data and trends
- Support college-wide strategic enrollment management efforts, particularly in the areas of enrollment and FTE goals, retention, recruitment, marketing, and program and course offerings
- Research and suggest processes, procedures, and software to support the goals of strategic enrollment management
- Organize and motivate various groups to focus on enrollment management issues
- Maintain currency in trends and best practices in strategic enrollment management
- Manage a variety of diverse projects, attending to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
Receives direction from the Director of Research and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Present complex data and research findings based on the knowledge level and needs of the audience of the information
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to manipulate and comprehend descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to retrieve data from student information systems.
- Ability to complete file transfers between systems.
- Proficient in computer programs: EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including computers and printers.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact