New Bern, NC
Closes: Friday, May 22, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree in Office Systems Technology, Business Administration, Information Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Two (2) years' full-time professional experience in an office environment performing administrative tasks.
Experience using Colleague.
Experience with admissions at a college or university.
Experience within the North Carolina Community College System.
- Provides excellent customer service and assistance to internal and external customers through walk-in, telephone and email
- Provides a full range of support services to current and former students, as well as the general public, faculty and staff by responding to inquiries and requests for information and assistance related to student records, registration and graduation
- Oversees the revision of the College Catalog for updates
- Assists with curriculum management and Programs of Study maintenance
- Creates and manages curriculum course sections
- Evaluates student transcripts and awards valid transfer credits
- Maintains imaging and scanning of records for the department
- Assists with institutional recruitment and retention activities
- Works collaboratively with student services personnel to continuously improve work flows and communication
- Serves as liaison to early college personnel with respect to student schedules, grades and withdrawals
- Notifies faculty and instructional divisions of important information and deadlines via designated methods, including but not limited to, final grades, attendance rosters, last day to withdraw, web attendance tracking and student attendance review
- Processes withdrawals, credit by exam, course audit, change of grade and incompletes
- Participates in appropriate committees and task forces as assigned
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned in support of the College's mission, core values and goals