201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from an accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years' experience in admissions, recruiting, or direct sales required.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 2/28/22
Recruit high school and adult prospective students, assess their educational needs, and explain the benefits and objectives of the programs offered by the College.Recruit high school and adult prospective students, assess their educational needs, and explain the benefits and objectives of the programs offered by the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in and support the implementation of the College’s Strategic Enrollment Management Plan.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct in-person and virtual information sessions and campus tours for groups and individual prospective student visitors.
- Work with admissions staff to coordinate assigned activities with those of other programs, departments, and outside agencies and organizations.
- Assist Academic Affairs in the development of individual program recruitment plans; promote and maintain awareness of programs and other student services.
- Provide multi-campus support during registration, special events, and tours.
- Conduct follow-up with prospective students and parents via telephone, e-mail, and virtual meetings to determine their educational needs, concerns, and interests, and career options.
- Assist with planning and facilitating recruiting activities for the College to include, but not limited to, information sessions, campus tours, and off-site recruiting booths/presentations.
- Closely assist and mentor new students through the admissions and enrollment process, including advising, placement testing administration, and registration for first-time students.
- Engage prospective students via in-person and virtual meetings, telephone, and e-mail communication to encourage campus visits as well as completion of the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Participate in prospective student yield and retention efforts by maintaining productive contact with active prospective students throughout the entire enrollment process.
- Actively participate in special promotional recruiting activities.
- Prepare and distribute packets of information to service area, businesses, industries, and civic organizations as needed.
- Utilize and maintain various student information systems and technology to track and communicate with prospective students and applicants.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in fields of study offered at Gaston College through professional development, and networking on campus.
- Plan and implement regularly scheduled multi-campus College information sessions.
- Participate in cross-training to assist in other Student Affairs areas and functions as needed.
- Demonstrate professionalism through collaboration, collegiality, and outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact