Educational Opportunity Center
Closes: Thursday, December 5, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree in Office Systems Technology, Business Administration, or Computer Information Systems and two years of experience working in an office setting or a Bachelor's degree in any field of study and two years of experience working in an office setting with experience in a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties. Must be able to think critically and give attention to details.
The primary purpose of this section is to assist the Director and other staff members with administrative tasks.
Under the direction of the Director of TRIO Programs, the EOC Administrative Assistant/Data Specialist is responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day activities of the EOC program as listed in the grant.
- Assist in maintaining all record related to project activities.
- Coordinates fiscal, personnel, purchasing, payroll, and monthly expenditure records.
- Greets visitors and participants and assists with inquiries.
- Maintains files and an electronic database for 1,000 participants, and provides follow up as needed.
- Assists in the development and/or selection of program marketing materials.
- Assists in collecting data for the annual performance report and other monthly reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of TRiO Programs within the parameters of the U. S. Department of Education guidelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in federal TRiO Programs.
- Serves on various College committees as assigned.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.