Central Campus - Hall Building
Closes: Friday, February 3, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree and one year of job related work experience
Central Piedmont is currently seeking an Equipment Specialist in the Accounting & Reporting Department located on Central Campus, Hall Building. The job will be performed across multi-campuses.
This position is responsible for assisting the Equipment Coordinator in conducting the annual college asset audit and updating asset information as needed, assisting in performing monthly entry of new assets into Colleague, and assisting the disposal of assets and posting on the State Surplus website.
The successful candidate will assist in the auditing of fixed and high-risk assets across all campuses, review of purchase orders for proper coding for equipment purchases, and process equipment disposals.
Anticipated Hire Date: February 13, 2023
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hours per Week: 40
Performs a variety of complex administrative and technical tasks which may include, but are not limited to, responding to inquiries and requests, reviewing documents, resolving discrepancies, gathering information, entering information into computer system, labeling and tracking of college fixed assets, and supporting the daily operations of the department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collects equipment related research data, coordinates preparation of the data, reviews
for accuracy, and makes any necessary edits.
2. Enters equipment data and corrections into the college computer system (Colleague).
3. Reviews data after entered into Colleague and makes any necessary adjustments and
4. Organizes and prepares equipment reports as well as collecting and summarizing data
for end-users and answers data-related inquires.
5. Helps to ensure that new, donated and surplus equipment is properly processed and
recorded by assigning new equipment number tags, replacing worn or lost tags, and
maintaining logs and records according to all local, state, and federal regulations.
6. Assists in the annual equipment process of all college-owned equipment by documenting
existing fixed assets on all campuses.
7. Assists in the transfer, sale or disposal of college fixed assets.
8. Responds to any inquiry that the external constituencies might have regarding any
equipment reports, policies, and procedures.
9. Assisting the appropriate authorities during audits and inspections
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of college and state guidelines, rules, and regulations
* Ability to work and adapt equipment procedures and guidelines
* Knowledge of basic purchasing, accounting and record keeping principles
* Knowledge of computer and office software applications, including MS Excel and Colleague
* Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions
* Excellent oral and written communications
* Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact