- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-2 years English Language Learner (ELL) teaching experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Adjunct faculty at Central Carolina Community College facilitate transformative lifelong learning by incorporating discipline-specific learning outcomes through active learning opportunities, lectures, hands-on skill development, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. Faculty provide authentic student assessment that allows students to improve their knowledge and skills with each assignment. Faculty foster student success by establishing meaningful connections with students early in the semester to support the varying needs of each student throughout the semester. This position is located inside Harnett Correctional Facility (HCI). Position is contingent upon yearly Department of Public Safety background check, yearly Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) training, and HCI allowance of entry.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers to student progression in courses, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Use student learning outcomes to create a variety of activities, assignments, and assessments that ensure curriculum goals will be met.
- Create a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive, interactive, and inclusive learning experience for all students.
- Provide personalized and constructive feedback on student assignments by recognizing what students did well and identifying attainable improvements for future work.
- Report attendance weekly.
- Actively support the college’s vision of exceptional learning for all
- Participate in activities required to maintain program and/or college accreditation standards when needed.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings as requested.
- Cultivate a culture of care and advocacy through the values of compassion, inclusion, opportunity, integrity, courage, and people.
Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the ESL Instructor (Adjunct) will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.