- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Certificate in Esthetics from an accredited institution and/or Associate's degree in Cosmetology from an accredited institution
- Three years documented experience as an Esthetician and/or Cosmetologist.
- Currently holds North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners Esthetician license and Esthetics Teacher license or Cosmetologist license and Cosmetology Teacher license
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be willing to work evening, day and/or weekend schedules
- Associate degree in Cosmetology and five years’ esthetics and/or cosmetology experience.
- Certificate in Esthetics teacher training from an accredited institution.
- Current working knowledge of salon scheduling software.
- CEUs and/or advanced education in Esthetics or Cosmetology.
- Pivot Point training.
- Prior teaching experience in Esthetics and/or Cosmetology.
- Prior teaching experience in a community college setting.
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. The purpose of this position is to provide a comprehensive, educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. This course provides basic instruction in the Esthetics and Cosmetic Arts related disciplines. Format for the course will include classroom instruction and individualized demonstrations of skills utilized in the field.
- Provides instruction that fulfills the requirements of the NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners and the North Carolina Community College System for Esthetics courses
- Models world-class service in a simulated salon/spa environment that will enable students to develop m skills and knowledge needed to achieve licensure
- Monitors inventory of supplies
- Maintains and teaches safety and infection control measures to meet North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners requirements
- Completes and maintains timely and accurate student grades, attendance/hours and performance records
- Utilizes College/curriculum software to maintains timely and accurate gradebook.
- Utilizes and participates in assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement for student learning outcomes to direct course and curriculum improvements.
- Establishes rapport and effective communication with faculty and staff, peers, students and guests of the esthetics area
How to Apply
Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. (Employment contract is for 12 months.)
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact