Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education & Licensing Requirement:
- Certificate as a Cosmetology Instructor from an 800 hour accredited program or Esthetician Instructor from a 650 hour accredited program.
- North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Licensed Cosmetology Instructor or Esthetician Instructor
- Certificate/Diploma degree in Cosmetology from a 1200/1500 hour accredited program or in Esthetician 600 contact hour accredited program.
- North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Licensed Cosmetologist or Esthetician
- Must maintain required Continuing Education as set forth by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts
Knowledge and Skills:
- Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility.
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: Esthetics Technology, communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of all North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Rules and Regulations.
- Skilled in use of computers applications to perform administrative and instructional duties.
- Have knowledge of salon based software used in record keeping.
- Accountable for daily funds generate by patron services.
Provide physical hands on instructional demonstrations and assistance in esthetics services daily. Must be physically able to perform clinical exercises and skills. Lift and maneuver 50 pounds (supplies/equipment).
Instructional Equipment: Must be proficient in use of esthetics technology equipment such as: Facial Steamers, Telsa High Frequency, Galvanic Current machines and all other relevant skin care modality equipment. Proficient with use of instructional technology.
Office Equipment: Computer, Multi-function Copier
Other Equipment: Washer/ Dryer
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a permanent, part-time Esthetics Technology Instructors. The candidates must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule including evenings and weekends, including limited travel within service area. A completed application must include our completed online application, cover letter, resume, unofficial copy of cosmetology/esthetician study transcripts, copy of your NC licenses.
20 hour position: Hiring Range: $20,880 - $32,320, based on education and years of experience.
25 hour position: Hiring Range: $26,100 - $39,150, based on education and years of experience
The instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following essential functions and responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the division dean
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACSCOC-approved competencies
- Prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course content, learning outcomes, and course syllabi
- Make recommendations to department chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the course(s) in the area of expertise
- Utilize student learning outcomes assessment results to improve courses/program
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Complete College’s annual compliance training
- Keep abreast of current technology
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
Carteret Community College is an EEO/E-verify employer. Job offer is conditional subject to satisfactory background check.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557