RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, August 14, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The candidate will have earned a Master of Library Science (MLS) or a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a professional librarian.
- Normal work schedule is 9:30 am – 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday; but is subject to change based on the needs of the College and the library.
- Providing quality customer service and reference assistance to all library patrons, including circulation desk rotations.
- Assisting with the development, and presentation of, training workshops, research handouts, seminars, online research guides, and/or any other educational activities for the library’s community of users.
- Conducting orientation tours and issuing College IDs.
- Using SIRSI WorkFlows, and/or other library management systems, to circulate, catalog, and inventory the library’s holdings, as requested.
- Pursuing an active and ongoing program of professional development, research, and service.
- Assisting with collection development in all formats, as assigned.
- Supervising the organization, and digitization of, the College and local history archive.
- Participating in the library liaison program and developing and improving avenues of communications between the library and the RCC faculty.
- Oversight of the library’s FabLab, including the provision of instruction and support to students and other patrons, including but not limited to the use of the Adobe Creative Suite of software, large-format printer, and 3D printer.
- Serving on assigned college campus committees.
- Participating in the institutional planning process, as requested by the Director of Learning Resource Services, including preparing and providing statistics and other reports, as requested.
- Assisting with identifying and authoring appropriate supplementary grants, programs, projects, and proposals for funding from local, state, federal and/or private sources.
- Assisting with developing and recommending procedures for the operation of the library.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Learning Resource Services of Robeson Community College.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment (robeson.edu) and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28358 910.272.3537