RCC Service Area
Closes: Sunday, July 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution required. Current knowledge of library technologies and ILS systems required. Understanding and commitment to the unique nature and role of the community college and learning resources center concept. Effective teaching and presentation skills. Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse educational levels and capabilities. Documented organizational and leadership skills from previous positions. Demonstrated familiarity with operations of web-based resources used for research and information literacy. Demonstrated good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to flexibility in scheduling and assignments.
Library experience in an academic or community college setting preferred. Knowledge of and/or experience with Workflows, Blue Cloud or other SIRSI-based systems preferred. Current knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, and Springshare products preferred.Knowledge of NCLive resources preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Evening Librarian, under the supervision of the Vice President of Instruction /CAO is responsible for operation of the library during the evening hours; management of electronic library resources, services, and tools; and supervision of student workers and volunteers.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Provides individual assistance to students, faculty, and staff on locating information using library resources. Assistance may be provided in person or via phone, email, chat, or learning management system.
- Teaches library instruction in traditional, hybrid, and online class settings. Cooperates with other librarian on instructional design, teaching methods, and assessment measures.
- Serves as liaison to assigned departments, providing information literacy, research and collection development assistance as requested.
- Designs, implements, and maintains library web-based platforms, including the library website, Springshare products, and Gimlet.
- Manages the local configuration and functionality for the integrated library system (ILS), subscription databases, hosted proxy, web-scale discovery service, and other electronic tools.
- Coordinates the acquisition, licensing, configuration, and renewal of electronic library resources. Assists in selecting and deselecting physical materials in assigned areas.
- Investigates, evaluates, and recommends emerging technologies improving and/or expanding discoverability, access, and services to library resources.
- Staffs the circulation desk, completes inventories, shelves materials, and shelf-reads when needed.
- Writes reports and compiles library-related statistical data as needed.
- May supervise student workers and volunteers.
- Maintain high level of professional skills and abilities through participation in professional organizations, workshops, and continuing education opportunities.
- Represents the library on college, regional, and state committees.
- Others duties as assigned by the Vice President of Instruction.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu