Evening Welcome Center/Switchboard Specialist
Closes: Thursday, February 9, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- One year of student services experience.
- One year of experience using the North Carolina Community College’s student information system.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Evening Welcome Center/Switchboard Specialist is under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Admissions, Records, and Registration. The Specialist is a key, front-line representative for the College, in the afternoon and evening times, who provides exemplary customer service to its external and internal customers. The Specialist provides Student Services Tier 1 customer service and general coverage for the college’s Welcome Center/Switchboard, providing information to students, staff, and visitors on the telephone, electronically, and at the Welcome Center. The Specialist also assists with assigned office processes to support the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.
- Greet students/customers and meet their informational needs.
- Interact positively with diverse groups of people with various backgrounds and interests.
- Coordinate student traffic flow.
- Operate the College switchboard during assigned hours, which includes receiving all incoming calls and transferring the calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for checking the College switchboard voicemail during assigned hours.
- Manage emergency calls such as reporting fire alarms to maintenance staff and fire department, if necessary.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the procedures manual for operating the College switchboard and alarm panels.
- Serve as radio contact between campus personnel and maintenance, housekeeping, and security personnel.
- Function as the primary receptionist for the College.
- Assist with the college vehicle, gas card, and key inventory for employees.
- Assist in maintaining the supplies and copier in the Student Services mailroom.
- Assist with student parking permits and input them in Colleague.
- Assist with the lost and found items for the College.
- Scan, index, and quality control check assigned admissions and registration documents in student’s permanent files.
- Assist students in the computer lab with online application, FAFSA, student email, and etc.
- Assist with registration activities.
- Work effectively by being able to multi-task and with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Randolph Community College’s instructional programs, student services processes, events, and off-campus centers.
- Communicate accurate, comprehensive, and timely information to students, potential students, and visitors.
- Maintain a Tier 1 working knowledge of all student services areas.
- Maintain adequate supplies of college material for the Welcome Center.
- Use computers and related software for word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Assist students with student services forms (e.g., change of address form, financial aid forms, and veterans benefit forms).
- Assist with grouping/preparing financial aid, veterans affairs, and registration & records documents together for back-office staff to review and process.
- Provide clerical assistance as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Admissions, Records and Registration.
- Coordinate and supervise the Federal Work Study position serving in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration, as needed.
- Assist the Director or Assistant Director of Admissions, Records and Registration with reporting processes throughout the year.
- Assist with managing student communications processes (e.g., texting, email, etc.), as needed.
- Assist with application processing (e.g., CCP applications), as needed.
- Assist with forms processing (e.g., Change of Major, Name/Address), as needed.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals must apply online at https://www.randolph.edu/rcc-jobs.html.
Position is open until filled.
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205