Wilkes Community College, Wilkes Campus
Closes: Sunday, October 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- Two years of related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external personnel
- Ability to plan, organize and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously/independently yet be an integral part of an overall team environment
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Previous experience as an event manager/planner is an asset.
The Event Operations Specialist is responsible for all logistics and operational duties associated with campus events, including MerleFest. Operations Specialist oversees all contracts, site set-up, and tear down associated with MerleFest and other events as directed. Duties include handling on-site and operational issues before, during, and after the festival, coordinating contracts and securing multi-year agreements with suppliers, and managing staff to ensure the completion of a successful event.
The Events Operations Specialist reports to the Festival Director.
- Responsible for coordinating all contracts associated with MerleFest and other events as directed. Responsible for sourcing products/services as required, evaluating all agreements, and looking for opportunities to maximize value and minimize costs. This includes all tents, tables, chairs, portable restrooms, supplies, aggregates, and equipment.
- Responsible for all Site and other operational issues before, during, and after MerleFest. This includes coordinating contracts with suppliers, coordinating set up schedules and staffing, determining a location for set up, documenting site issues during the festival, troubleshooting on site and operations-related issues, and coordinating tear down after the event.
- Responsible for continually building, training, and scheduling volunteers and paid staff to assist with set up and tear down of the festival.
- Responsible for all capital improvements to maintain festival grounds and facilities. Manage improvement projects including sourcing contractors, managing projects to completion, and ensuring projects are completed within budget guidelines.
- Serve as Captain of the Site Team. This requires organizing a monthly agenda, communicating the meeting date and place, conduct team meetings, and posting minutes of the meeting. The Team Captain is responsible for leading the team in developing plans and ensuring all plans are executed to the fullest.
- Responsible for implementation, leadership, and maintenance of MerleFest database system. Master this program and serve as a direct liaison to programmers on all issues.
- Responsible for training others on all phases of the system and training events staff to input all staff rosters into the system.
- Responsible for working with Festival Check-In Coordinator in setting up the Festival Check-in system for volunteers to handle check-in process during the festival.
- Create and maintain relationships with all rental van/car, and limousine businesses in Wilkes and surrounding areas that we may use for MerleFest.
- Responsible for all supplier and vendor contracts for MerleFest and other assigned college events. Manage all communication to these entities. Once vendors are selected, manage database entry, credentials, communications, logistics, site placement, billing, collecting, reconciling with a festival accountant, and recording final sales numbers from the group. Manage credential entry for suppliers/ vendors into a database system. Manage to keep current files (contracts, insurance, etc.) on each supplier and vendor.
- Manage Food Vendor application & selection process for MerleFest. At the event, execute a food vendor program to ensure safety, compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Festival Director in projects as directed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact