Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Five years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support to a manager or executive, including evidence of experience in the following areas:
o Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment to include, basic accounting practices to track budget and expenditures
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and have experience using word processing, developing spreadsheets, developing presentations, and using database software applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• More than 5 years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support to a manager or executive
• Experience in an academic setting
• Recent experience with an enterprise student information system (e.g., Colleague)
• Possess an intermediate knowledge of database programs (e.g., Access)
The executive administrative assistant provides administrative support of a highly complex and confidential nature to the AVP, Business & Finance/Controller. This person works under limited supervision and must exercise initiative and independent judgment in setting priorities and carrying out all assignments. This individual must be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the college and also serve as liaison with a wide variety of groups outside the college: students, parents, business and community leaders, board members, elected officials, college presidents and system leadership. These contacts require tact, discretion, diplomacy, and maturity. Excellent public relations skills are a must and projection of a positive image for GTCC is required at all times. A sense of cooperation, cohesiveness, and teamwork needs to be fostered to allow the office of the AVP, Business & Finance/Controller to run effectively on a day-to-day basis.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact