Closes: Monday, August 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in business, office administration, or related field
- Five years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelors degree in business or related field
- Experience in North Carolina Community College experience
The Executive Assistant position reports to a Vice President of Learning, Student Engagement and Success and performs administrative duties necessary for the efficient operation of the office. This position performs both routine and complex administrative support functions.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities. duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Produce information by drafting, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintain Vice President's calendar by planning and scheduling meetings and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements and complete required forms.
- Enter and retrieve data using Datatel.
- Welcome guests by greeting them in person or on the telephone and answer or direct inquiries.
- File and retrieve electronic and hard copy documents and reference materials.
- Prepare reports by researching, collecting, and analyzing information.
- Monitor, screen, and distribute incoming mail.
- Serve as a liaison to internal staff at all levels.
- Maintain confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Coordinate meetings and record, transcribe, and distribute minutes.
- Maintain office supplies inventory to include anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing orders using E-Procurement, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment supplies inventory.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Review office procedures and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact