Closes: Friday, January 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five years of related experience
- Demonstrable communication skills, allowing for effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Technological skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Experience working with a governing board.
- Experience in educational setting, preferably higher education
Reports to the President of the college providing highly complex administrative support for the President and Board of Trustees. In addition, this position performs a wide variety of diversified and confidential administrative functions including calendar scheduling, preparation of board meeting documents, meeting/conference coordination setup, tracking the Federal Register and other publications for policy issues of interest to the institution, and represent the President at local events/meetings, as assigned. Responsible for coordinating the operational details of the President’s office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This position is responsible for providing executive administrative assistance to the President.
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees.
- Manages sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Provide wide range of administrative, consultative, and other duties as assigned by the President.
- Direct and/or assist with operation of certain projects or events as designated by the President.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Responsible for following and administering the Care and Condolence rule for employees.
- Assist the President as a liaison between the College, the North Carolina Community College System office, and various government and private agencies.
- Assist the hospitality committee in the planning of special events.
- Prepares conference registration forms; makes travel arrangements for president, and others in president’s office as needed or requested; coordinates arrangements for business and social functions of the president.
- Provide logistical support for occasions such as orientation for new trustees, visits to campus by state auditors, members of North Carolina General Assembly, the President of the North Carolina Community College System, and other visitors.
- Maintains the President’s calendar and schedules appointments for the President.
- Schedules all meetings chaired by the President and prepares meeting agendas for said meetings, as appropriate.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes of all meetings as requested by the President, maintains meeting and minute files.
- Research, compiles, and organizes information for reports when needed.
- Represent the President, when appropriate, at meetings. These meetings may include stakeholders including:
- College faculty and staff
- College committees
- State and federal agency officials
- Professional and civic organizations
- Business and industry
- Assure that communications from the Office of the President accurately represent the philosophy and commitments of the President, Board of Trustees, and the policies of the college.
- Interacts with college employees, students, board members, or outside contacts to provide information, solve routine problems, or otherwise respond to requests; Receives guests and serves as a host/hostess for official functions of the president’s office.
- Review communications directed to the President and, where appropriate, either summarize, respond, initiate fact-finding and/or refer the matter to the appropriate college official.
- Prepares draft presentations for campus and community meetings including those used by the President.
- Prepare the agenda and coordinate supporting materials for the Board of Trustee meetings and manage information via software solution.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes of all meetings as requested by the President and Board of Trustees’, maintains meeting and minute files.
- Prepares conference registration forms, makes travel arrangements for Board of Trustee members.
- Coordinates arrangements for business and social functions of the Board of Trustees.
- Provides notary public services for the college community.
- Works independently to resolve issues and respond to inquiries that are referred to the President’s Office.
- Maintains internal communication with appropriate staff and responds to inquiries in accordance with established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Attend the North Carolina Association of Community College President’s (NCACCP) Assistant’s Annual Training
- Participate in community college sponsored professional development activities/trainings.
- Notary Public Certification
- Meeting minute software training (currently Board Docs)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001