Closes: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in business or an equivalent educational related field.
- Four years secretarial / office experience required.
- Bachelors degree in business or an equivalent educational related field.
Under the general direction of the President, the Executive Assistant to the President and Board of Trustees is responsible for a variety of complex, confidential and independent secretarial and administrative support to the President and the Board of Trustees. In order to accomplish the objectives of the position, the Executive Assistant to the President performs the following functions:
- Responsible for administrative and secretarial duties to assist the President and Board of Trustees.
- Acts as contact point for the President with the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains records for the Board of Trustees to include, board meetings, committee meetings, Statement of Economic Interest and Ethics training for trustees; reappointment training; and state records for evaluations.
- Maintain appropriate files for the North Carolina Association of Community College Trustees (NCACCT).
- Organizes and directs the day-to-day tasks and functions and oversees the smooth and efficient operation of the President's Office.
- Responsible for coordinating the research, preparation and distribution of confidential correspondence, reports, special projects and other materials.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all files located in the President's Office.
- Opens and reads mail and highlights pertinent information.
- Routes items to other individuals when appropriate and records information on the president's calendar.
- Processes outgoing mail, verifies handling instructions, and makes appropriate copies.
- Coordinate and direct incoming telephone calls, receive and greet visitors, and direct inquiries and request for the President's Office; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public, students, faculty and staff and refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments and maintain accurate appointment calendar for the President.
- Receive, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Assisting the President with Board of Trustee meetings to include but not limited to, attending and serving as the recording secretary for all Board and Committees meetings; accurately record, prepare and disseminate minutes.
- Prepares draft of a Board of Trustee meeting agenda to submit to the President for additions or deletions and for discussion with the Board Chairman.
- Sends a tentative Board of Trustee meeting agenda to all board members prior to the meeting and requests input by notifying the Board Chairman or the President.
- Contacts persons giving presentations to the board and outlines to presenters their responsibility and time frame.
- Prepares packets of information for each board member for distribution at each meeting.
- Calls board members as a reminder of each meeting.
- Plans and purchases refreshments for Board of Trustee meetings.
- Composes letters for the President and the chairman of the Board of Trustees information for the Board of Trustees and the President.
- Coordinate registration and travel arrangements for the President, as instructed. Organize receipts and process all travel authorizations and other related travel reports.
- Coordinate registration and travel arrangements for Trustees attending national and state conferences and conventions. Organize receipts and process all travel authorizations and other related travel reports.
- Responsible for the completion of purchase requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment, repairs, P-Card orders and other pertinent transmittals for the President's Office.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and coordination of special events and meeting at the college.
- Assists the President and chairman of the Board of Trustees with the development and presentations for the county commissioners.
- Assists with graduation and ceremonial events.
- Attends Leadership Team meetings and records meeting minutes.
- Attends President’s Council meetings and records meeting minutes.
- Supports the Vice Presidents as directed by the President.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings of administrative staff and/or faculty and staff, as directed by the President.
- Participate and serve on various College Committees and fulfills other duties as assigned by the President.
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Ensures the President and Board of Trustees remain current with all state mandated requirements set forth for position as President and Board of Trustee member.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the position requirements and college transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is 9/15/21. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact