Central Campus Disher Building
Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business Administration, Public Administration, Education or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience supporting a senior executive in an organization.
Executive Assistant to the President position available in the President's Office located on Central Campus.
Anticipated hiring date: September 1, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40 hours
The Executive Assistant to the President is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President, serving as a liaison to the Board of Trustees, and Cabinet and manages the executive office operations. Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work independently on tasks and projects, from conception to completion, and thrive in a multi-faceted role which requires the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide sophisticated calendar management for the President. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
2. Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
3. Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Researches and prioritizes before determining the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect President’s style and organization policy. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, and responds to emails/texts/phone calls outside normal business hours, as needed.
4. Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Trustees. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
5. Work closely with the President to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Serve as a monitor creating a win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office. Conserve the President's time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
6. Coordinate all Cabinet/Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with other meetings and events as needed.
7. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the President and team, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Cabinet. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Cabinet, on behalf of the President.
8. Work with the Cabinet to coordinate the President’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the President to cultivate ongoing relationships.
9. Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members. Comply with administrative rules set in bylaws regarding the Board and Board committee matters.
10. Represent the College and the Office of the President in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment. Welcome all guests by greeting them in a professional manner, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Business acumen - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
* Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
* Excellent communicator - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
* Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
* Team player - have team-oriented experience and collaborative approach.
* Service focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of the President, Cabinet and Board of Trustees by maintaining effective relationships.
* Ability to think creatively and with a sense of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
* Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly-preferred.
* Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Email and Calendaring; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines. Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
* Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
* High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and other external partners.
* Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
* Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
* Ability to function well in a high-paced environment and switch gears at a moment’s notice; performs additional duties as assigned by executives.
* Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment; provide event management support as requested.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact