1011 Page Street Troy, NC 27371
Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree or commensurate education and work experience required. Candidate must demonstrate excellence in writing, minute-taking, meeting management, and proofreading.
Three years of experience as an administrative assistant is preferred. Keyboarding skills of 70 words per minute, advanced word processing and software application skills, and customer relation skills preferred. Familiarity with the NC Community College System or comparable agency is preferred.
The position is open until filled. This could impact the target start date listed.
Reports to: President
Supervises: Some supervision and coordination of other administrative assistants is involved.
The Executive Assistant to the President and Recording Secretary to the Board of Trustees is responsible for supporting the activities of the President and the Board of Trustees. Primary responsibilities include managing the President's Office, coordinating executive leadership and Board activities, corresponding with internal and external groups, managing meetings, taking minutes, writing official college correspondence, and other functions to support the president. The Executive Assistant supervises, evaluates, and trains other administrative assistants at the college. Duties range from routine tasks to those of an unanticipated nature. The Executive Assistant should have a professional presence and good communication skills. Knowledge of policies, procedures, General Statues, and State Board Code is required. Working hours are consistent, but attendance at after-hours events, including board meetings, foundation events, and official college events is required.
- Handles all assigned projects.
- Works closely with the President and College Board of Trustees.
- Oversees the smooth and efficient operation of the President’s Office.
- In the absence of the President, dictates responses to routine correspondence and handles all routine calls.
- Understands general statutes, State Board Codes, policies, and college deadlines.
- Administers all details for the preparation of Board of Trustees and Foundation Board of Directors meetings and Board and Foundation committee meetings. Sets up Board retreats, Legislative Breakfasts and any other functions dealing with either of the boards. Attends all of these functions and serves as the official greeter of prominent guests and both boards during graduation ceremonies.
- Researches legal issues and prepares statistical and informational reports required by an external agency of the Community College System Office when those reports are required from the office of the President.
- Supports the needs of the President's Cabinet and is present at staff, Board, and Foundation meetings.
- Adheres to schedules dictated by others and by outside agencies.
- Handles all initial telephone contacts for the President and keeps proper logs.
- Handles President's calendar, responds to email, and routes all presidential mail.
- Makes travel arrangements for the President’s office, Board of Trustees, and guests of the college.
- Maintains appropriate filing system for the President's office, Foundation Board of Directors, and the Board of Trustees.
- Takes and maintains minutes of all board, staff, cabinet, and other meetings.
- Prepares and reproduces all correspondence and reports from the office of the President, making sure all documents are procedurally correct as far as grammar, punctuation, and spelling are concerned.
- Responsible for equipment and supply requisitions for the office of the President.
- Coordinates and maintains the Weekend Warrior calendar.
- Coordinates and schedules campus reservations for community members.
- Provides supervision, evaluation, and training for assigned administrative assistants at the college.
- Performs other duties related to the needs of the college as assigned by the President.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Montgomery Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.