Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 5 years’ experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant.
Experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant in the North Carolina Community College System preferred.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for handling the smooth and efficient functioning of the President’s office. Responsible for Board Meeting agenda preparation, coordinating and submitting Board Meeting materials to the Board of Trustees, media notices and postings, and recording Board and Committee Meeting minutes. Responsible for typing, editing, generating final correspondence copy, reports, and other written documents for the President as needed. Coordinate activities and travel for the President and the Board of Trustees and prepare correspondence and handle other duties for Board members upon request.
- Prepare written correspondence and documents for the President as needed.
- Electronic calendar management.
- Prepare the recommended Board of Trustees Manual for presentation to the Board and distribute final approved copy to the members.
- Maintain confidential and all other files of the President’s office.
- Assemble materials for and record minutes of Board of Trustees meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for President and Board members and be responsible for reimbursing the same for travel costs.
- Work with a caterer to provide meals for meetings of Board of Trustees and other groups as directed by the President.
- Contact trustees for the purpose of information, prepare correspondence and handle other duties upon request of Board members and keep the President informed of such requests.
- Serve as Ethics Liaison to the Board of Trustees and ensure Trustees and Administrators are in compliance with the State Government Ethics Act.
- Research law affecting Community Colleges.
- Ensure compliance with State Board Code, Open Meetings, and Public Record Laws.
- Assist with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Reaffirmation Process.
- Advise and assist the President in maintaining beneficial relationships with the various members of the public whose support is important to NCC’s success.
- Advance the institution’s mission and goals by creating a climate of public understanding, acceptance, and support.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to facilitate good relations between the Board members and both the President and NCC.
- Handle daily inquiries into the President’s Office, including correspondence by parties internal and external to NCC.
- Greet visitors to the President’s office, make appointments, and handle other responsibilities as directed and in the absence of the President.
- Reserve Board Room for other meetings as needed.
- Assist other administrators (areas) when not performing regular duties.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Coordinate the President’s and Board of Trustees’ evaluation process.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC, as directed by the President.