Morehead City, NC (Carteret County)
Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field, or; a High School diploma/equivalency and equivalent job-related experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum of five years successful work experience in related area. Demonstrated ability to deal with highly complex situations which require sound judgment. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. Ability to independently complete projects with minimum supervision. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of current software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College, Morehead City, NC is accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services/Accounting Specialist. Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applications will be accepted through end of business on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. This position is a Pay Level 11, hiring range $42,387 - $52,983, the actual amount within this range dependent on education and experience. A complete application will include our online application, your resume, and a cover letter.
The Executive Assistant to the VP of Finance & Administrative Services provides strategic administrative support for the work and duties executed by the VP of Finance and Administrative Services. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of highly complex, technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records. Interacts on a daily basis with varied internal and external constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, college administrators, the public and community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as staff support to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services
- Works independently, with limited direction, to assure workflow of the office of the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services is maintained in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Requires extensive knowledge of NCCCS Accounting Procedures Manual, CCC’s policies and procedures, as well as the Finance and Administrative Services department policies and procedures
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare general journal adjustment entries to accounts, maintaining documentation of these transactions.
- Participates in the budget preparation of State, County and Institutional funds budgets
- Administers and maintains budgets, budget revisions, and required budget reports
- Responsible for posting original approved budgets; post budget changes; maintain forms and documents related to the budget process for compliance with directives from the State Board of Community Colleges; execute transfers associated with the budget as directed by the NCCCS.
- Manages general ledger posting process on general ledger activity daily.
- Responsible for managing the Budget Management module of the Administrative Computing System annually
- Train Budget Managers for use of the budgeting tools in the Administrative Computing System and the use of WebAdvisor for viewing and interpreting departmental budget reports as well as how to complete budget transfer forms.
- Establishes and manages GL Code Security access for all employees with access to financial information in the Administrative Computing System
- Approves all purchases for the college through the requisitioning process in Colleague and E-procurement systems to assure budgetary compliance.
- Reviews and approves Daily Cash Analysis reports
- Supports the VP in preparation of all reports on construction projects
- Responsible for administering the Student Accident Insurance plan; facilitates claims processes; calculates premiums for payment
- Responsible for managing the college’s Risk Management (Insurance) policies.Provides for the establishment and maintenance of records including policies, claims & loss experience.
- Processes travel requests for all college employees and maintains all documentation to comply with the fiscal procedures as defined in the NCCCS Accounting Procedures Manual.
- Maintains a log of all checks received by the college to ensure timely and accurate receipting and distributes received checks to Cashier
- Other job-related duties as assigned in order to provide administrative support to assist in meeting the College’s goals and objectives, duties and responsibilities for the Vice President of Administrative Services, including occasional weekend and evening work, and occasional travel for conferences or training.
Carteret Community College is an EEO/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557