Main RCC Campus
Closes: Friday, September 4, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Secretarial/Office Systems Technology, a business-related program or other related program; minimum of (2) years’ work experience in an administrative related position.
Same as minimum qualifications.
- Provide executive level administrative support and project management to the Vice President.
- Independently oversee assigned tasks/projects for the VP and Division to completion.
- Greeting students, visitors, employees, and peers with a pleasant, professional disposition
- Handling customer questions and problems in a timely, courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Performing basic clerical tasks via photocopier, fax machine, shredder, etc.
- Sorting and routing incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Receiving, screening, and placing telephone calls using proper etiquette.
- Ordering materials and supplies following prescribed procedures.
- Typing documents from rough drafts or dictation at 35-40 words per minute with no mistakes.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Arranging for meetings and conferences with staff and the general public.
- Preparing memos, letters, and other forms of correspondence as directed using Microsoft Office Suite; Creating, editing, and proofing a variety of documents accurately.
- Preparing minutes of meetings, agendas, lists, etc. from rough copy or dictation.
- Using special features and integration capabilities of the prescribed software packages.
- Entering basic alphanumeric data into computer database software and verifying it for accuracy.
- Formatting data as directed; Creating reports and business graphics from data, if required.
- Effectively utilize Registration Management System (Colleague) functions to build sections and register students to include SECT, RGN, RGST, EVAL, XATT, TRER, etc…(when necessary)
- Stay current with program admission requirements
- Represents programs at functions in absence of faculty
- Communicate the VP’s instructions to various individuals accurately.
- Furnishing or obtaining information from/for the VP with other managers accurately.
- Operating and transcribing voice messages from answering machines and similar voice mail devices.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/personal development activities as requested while Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Pursuing professional development course, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of secretarial support provided to the office and staff.
- Providing facilities scheduling and management support as requested.
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
- All other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources, Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359