Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree and six years of related experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in Accounting.
* Experience in a higher education environment
The Executive Director Business Office position is available in Financial Services Department.
Anticipated start date: October 13, 2021 or November 1, 2021.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40 hours
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the activities and operations within the Business Office including but not limited to Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts, Student Refunds, Sponsored Programs, and Accounting for Corporate and Continuing Education (CCE), at all campus locations.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and oversees the daily operations of the Business Office at all six campuses, recommends goals and objectives; evaluates the department’s operations and activities, recommending improvements and modifications as necessary; interprets, applies and ensures compliance with College policies and procedures, federal and state laws and regulations.
2. Responsible for accurate and timely student and sponsor billing; maintains the tuition and fee rate table.
3. Directs and oversees student and sponsor accounts receivable collection efforts.
4. Coordinates and provides leadership and guidance to the financial operations for WTVI, Cosmetology program, Greenway Restaurant in the Culinary program, Art Gallery, Box Office etc. and includes potential need for future assistance of other cashiering functions, if needed.
5. Directs and participates in the planning process of assigned work units; evaluates effectiveness toward goals and implements changes/improvements.
6. Plans and coordinates the reporting processes to state and federal agencies.
7. Ensures the Business Office provides excellent customer service; meets regularly with staff to assess trends of issues, complaints and corrective actions; keeps the administration abreast of problems and escalates as necessary for timely resolutions.
8. Researches materials relating to the operations of assigned work units and prepares reports as requested by the administration.
9. Monitors contracts and expenses; researches best practices and processes to assists department managers throughout the college on effective utilization of college’s resources.
10. Represents the college to state and federal agencies, other institutions and community organizations; maintains contact with state and national community college associations.
11. Participates in local, state, regional and national initiatives and projects.
12. Provides staff assistance to the Associate Vice President.
13. Conducts periodic training workshops to promote awareness of departmental services and the college’s accountability measures.
14. Participates on committees or task forces as assigned for policy/procedures development and operational improvements as well as external committees at the state and national levels.
15. Serves as liaison/owner for PCI compliance for the procedures, policy, and training of all cashiers that process credit cards, and coordinates all new cashiering stations and merchant accounts.
16. Partner with CCE and Information Technology Services (ITS) to implement new CCE student management software.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics:
* Ability to exercise autonomy for strategic direction and accountability for assigned units
* High level analytical, technical, creative thinking and problem solving skills necessary to guide actions for successful outcomes
* Ability to apply system thinking to complex activities
* Commitment to high quality of customer service
* Effective communication skills
* Solid knowledge of account principals, theories and methods
* Broad knowledge of higher education administration and practices
How to Apply
Job Post Contact