Union and Anson County
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, business or a related field
- Experience developing a communication or marketing plan with proven results
- Minimum of three years of marketing/communications leadership experience
- Experience supervising, directing, and mentoring the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute a variety of tasks simultaneously and to exercise judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated ability as a public speaker and serving as the organization’s representative at public and private events
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience in higher education and/or corporate public relations, communications, or marketing
- Working knowledge of graphic, web, and social media applications and tools, including MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress on PC and MAC computers
- Working knowledge of state government and the political process
- Demonstrated experience with marketing photography and video
- Experience with brand development and professional writing
Under the direction of the President, the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications provides leadership and management of operations and personnel in the marketing and communications areas of the college. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the leadership, management, and planning of the strategies and actions which promote the mission, vision, and goals of the college through internal and external communications, marketing and branding, strategic partnerships, and image development.
- Proven ability to interact effectively, cooperatively, confidentially, and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with media, college faculty/staff, and the community at large.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner as well as be reliable, resourceful, tactful, self-starting, flexible, and cooperative.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel to all SPCC campuses and facilities as needed.
- Marketing and Brand Management: Develops and executes long term marketing strategies designed to promote the College’s mission and brand positioning to include advocacy and quality control of the College’s brand and trademarks, internally and externally. Directs the planning, development, editorial content, production, and evaluation of promotional campaigns and college collateral (print, website, electronic). Oversees the ongoing development and maintenance of the College’s external website and campus Intranet to include components for measuring and assessing performance and effectiveness.
- Student Enrollment: Works collaboratively with all College departments to strategize development and delivery of a myriad of departmental communication and marketing needs. Works directly with Student Affairs in identifying, developing, and deploying marketing and communications strategies to support the recruitment of prospective students and retention of current students.
- Strategic Communications: Provides leadership in the planning, development, and direction of communication strategies and long-range public relations programs. Collaboratively works with the institution’s leaders to develop and plan public relations/media relations activities that are designed to elevate public awareness and visibility of the College (locally, regionally, and nationally). Develops and maintains effective working relationships with media representatives. Designs, executes, and manages strategic communication plans for student, employee, crisis, and external communications. Oversees the ongoing development and maintenance of the College’s social media strategy.
- Communication Counsel: Serves as the College’s primary Public Information Officer. Acts as the official college media contact/spokesperson as required and/or requested by the President. Serves as an advisory member of the College’s Crisis Management Team. Provides strategic communications and media relations counsel, writing, and presentation support to the President and other senior administrators at the College.
- Communications & Marketing Governance: Develops guidelines and procedures governing the release of information by the College. Determines needs for new policies and procedures and for revision of existing guidelines related to campus communications, internally and externally. Produces and publishes training literature, material, and workshops for effective execution of marketing and communication plans for the College. Establishes and manages a formal Speakers Bureau to centralize college speaking engagements. Provides guidance to departmental staff and assists in developing solutions to unusual or difficult challenges. Develops the marketing and communications budget.
- Performs other related duties as required to support the mission of the College and as directed by the President.