Union and Anson Counties
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, mass communications, public relations, business or a related field
- A minimum of three years of marketing/communications experience, including professional writing as demonstrated by a portfolio of writing samples
- Experience developing a marketing plan (including themes, identification of target audiences, and media selection) that help advance the goals of the college
- Web content management experience
- Strong media relations skills and experience coordinating new conferences
- Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively, confidentially, and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge and use of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner as well as be reliable, resourceful, tactful, self-starting, flexible, and cooperative
- Good comfort level with public speaking and serving as the organization’s representative at public and private events
- Demonstrated experience with marketing photography and advertising
- Public relations experience
- Social media marketing experience on multiple platforms
- Experience with brand development
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Graphic Design – Strong knowledge and use of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Marketing experience in a higher education setting
The Executive Director of Marketing and Public Relations reports to the President. This position provides day-to-day management of the college’s marketing and public relations activities. The Executive Director of Marketing and Public Relations acts as the college’s spokesperson for print and electronic news media while serving as the college’s Public Information Officer. This position also leads the strategic marketing effort, representing all areas of the college and in support of the college’s goals and needs. The Executive Director coordinates and collaborates with volunteer teams and outsourced support and provides a unified and consistent message throughout the college.
- Maintains professionalism in appearance and communications and presents a favorable image of the college at all times.
- Is proactive in maintaining positive, effective, cooperative, and professional relationships with team members internally and externally.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the College’s strategic marketing plan and targeted enrollment initiatives, using data and input from the college, community, partner stakeholders, peer institutions and higher education research.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership Team, the Deans, and other programming coordinators to find high-impact promotion solutions to achieve enrollment goals.
- Coordinates and supervises all media relations for the college to ensure accurate and timely coverage of college events and news, utilizing newspaper, radio, television, and social media; serves as lead media spokesperson for the college; represents the college to the media when appropriate.
- Writes press releases, articles, announcements, presentations, profiles and stories highlighting faculty, students and programs that support college and campus communications and meet the College’s outreach efforts.
- Coordinates and directs all college marketing and community activities to best represent the college to a variety of audiences in an effort to increase student enrollment.
- Monitors, maintains, and continually improves the college website and social media communications in support of South Piedmont Community College’s marketing goals.
- Works with the President to develop and administer the annual marketing budget; analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial data; controls and authorizes expenditures in accordance with established resources and limitations.
- Negotiates advertising contracts for print and electronic mediums
- Coordinates and collaborates with outsourced resources to manage marketing and communications goals and objectives to include graphic design, banner advertising, digital signage, billboard advertising and all other internal and external communications.
- Coordinates the photography and video needs and other relevant activities for special College events.
- Responds to media requests for information and develops positive and productive relationships with media representatives.
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Leads and directs teams of volunteers across the college to gather input on marketing and communications.
- Protects the college’s graphic standards, including the use of the college logo.
- Takes advantage of professional development opportunities to stay current with web and social media trends and best practices.
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned in support of the College’s mission, core values and goals.