Closes: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing or related field.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing/communication plans.
- Experience in developing and managing various forms of social media for an organization.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in higher educational setting.
Responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, and oversight of an integrated and comprehensive marketing and communications program supportive of the institutional mission. Serves as the primary source for the release of information from the College through various media channels. Responsible for the supervision of staff in the respective departments. This position serves as the Public Information Office (PIO), reports directly to the President, and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all efforts in the departments of marketing, public information, community outreach, and student recruiting.
- Coordinates all marketing and outreach efforts on behalf of the College.
- Serves as the PIO for the College.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Executive Leadership Team to provide strategic direction with regards to marketing and outreach efforts
- Functions as Stanly Community College’s designated public information officer. As such, serves as the designated press contact in times of college emergencies, public events, and announcements.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with local, state, and national media.
- Demonstrated organizational ability, attention to detail, solid decision-making, and project management skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Develop and maintain a positive, effective relationship with internal departments.
- Provide direction and supervision to the Director of Marketing, the Director of Outreach, and the Studio Director. This will include, but not be limited to, managing and prioritizing assignments, projects, and duties, approving leave, and evaluating performance.
- Develop, monitor, and administer appropriate departmental budgets.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement comprehensive marketing/communication public relations strategies supporting all areas of the College. This includes all College-wide special events such as graduation, etc.
- Coordinate production of College’s primary publications to include the President’s Annual Report, the Stanly Insider, program brochures, the SCC catalog, and various flyers and brochures.
- Identifies needs for market research, implements necessary studies, and analyzes results.
- Coordinates a comprehensive communications system for internal and external information sharing and the efficient provision of departmental services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with digital advertisement platforms, CRM, and social media channels with measurement and industry changes.
- Coordinates and supports the College’s Social Media presence.
- Develop and maintain a creative, well-designed system for branding the institution.
- Ensure a continual, up-to-date library of local student and college images to be used in marketing materials.
- Represents the College at external professional meetings and civic functions.
- Establish relations with key organizations, civic and community groups such as the Stanly County Chamber of Commerce, rotary clubs, United Way, etc.
- Oversees decisions related to the overall programming goals on Channel 21.
- Write scripts, voice audio tracts, perform on camera lead-ins, tag-outs, stand-ups. Assist with on-camera interviews for news, information, public service, talk shows, and documentary-style video programs.
- Develops policies and procedures related to the above departments.
- Oversees community outreach endeavors with the goal of increasing awareness and support for the College’s programs and services.
- Oversees the strategic management of all student recruitment efforts to best position the college for growth in all areas.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, and chairs or serves on other committees as appointed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- FEMA PIO training program
- New employee onboarding
- Participate in community college-sponsored professional development activities/trainings.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001