Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Educational or Social Science Research, or a related field;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience working with SPSS, SAS, or R;
3. Three years of full-time or equivalent work experience in a position involving complex data analysis;
4. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience analyzing and compiling interpretive reports based on institutional and external data sources;
5. Experience in presenting information and data analysis in a concise, logical, and understandable public format;
6. Experience facilitating, developing, and supporting an institution-wide strategic planning process.
1. Doctorate degree in Educational or Social Science Research, or a related field;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience working with SPSS, SAS, or R;
3. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience working as a data analyst;
4. Experience working in an Ellucian Colleague environment;
5. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience working in data analysis in a higher education setting;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This management position is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the College’s strategic planning and institutional effectiveness processes as well as for the planning, organization, design, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive program of research projects, including data collection, analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and reporting.
1. Facilitates and supports the College’s strategic planning process.
2. Facilitates and supports the College’s institutional effectiveness process. Serves as a resource to the Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning Committee.
3. Supports the College’s program review process.
4. Manages the collection and consolidation of institutional statistical data provided by those who are charged with generating and compiling those statistics.
5. Serves as the College’s Data Coordinator.
6. Directs the conceptualization, design, and execution of research projects.
7. Directs the processing, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of institutional survey data.
8. Provides data for program review, specialized program accreditation, grant proposals and the SACSCOC accreditation process.
9. Coordinates responses to questionnaires submitted by individuals external to the College.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.