Closes: Monday, July 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and 6-8 years of applicable professional experience or a CPA qualification
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the Central Piedmont Community College Services Corporation, an affiliated 501(c)(3) non profit entity that generates alternative streams to further the mission of the college. The Executive Director will over the development and management of projects, set annual goals, establish budgets, engage in strategic planning, oversee the annual audit, and manage the assets of Services, assuring compliance with IRS regulations. The Executive Director will supervise the Services Corporation staff and interact with project directors. The position reports to the Vice President, Institutional Advancement.
The Executive Director is responsible for the financial operations, daily activities, marketing/sales and client management of the CPCC Services Corporation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages CPCC Services Corporation’s projects including, but not limited to, goal setting, business plan feasibility, budgets and strategic planning; monitors and makes adjustments as needed.
- Manages financial assets of the Services Corporation; ensures compliance with IRS regulations and accounting standards; Performs financial analysis and generates financial support; oversees annual audit
- Responsible for the cultivation of new and repeat business, contractual agreements, scheduling, faculty trainings and state procurement bid management.
- Provides direction to administrative staff of CPCC Services Corporation; leads staff in developing short and long-range planning and strategies.
- Hires and manages assigned staff – full and part-time employees. Responsible for working directly with Human Resources to hire and manage Collegiate Test Prep and CPCC Summer Experience staff; ensures necessary staffing is provided.
- Develops print/online collateral and identifies target markets and marketing channels ensure that revenue goals are met; prepares lead generation, marketing strategy and collateral; develops and executes sales plan; works with web developer and designer to develop and update customer friendly websites.
- Hires and coordinates with independent contractors to complete contracted consulting services; manages/updates related surveys; ensures client satisfaction.
- Manages development and implementation of sponsorship/ partnership initiatives for CPCC Summer Experience. Collegiate Test Prep, and Teen Coding Institute; Approaches corporations and organizations for support.
- Represents CPCC Service Corporation to other organizations in the community; oversees correspondence and communication channels, cultivates positive associations within the community.
- Provides support and organization for the Services Corporation Board of Directors meetings as directed; includes preparation of agenda, minutes and media correspondence.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of business including accounting, management, personnel issues and planning
- Knowledge and ability to plan, implement and complete multi-level projects
- Knowledge of marketing and sales
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college and component unit standard business practices
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using and administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague
- Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact