Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Experience using computers and good technical aptitude (comfortable using and learning new technologies).
- Familiarity with MS Office software and Canvas LMS.
- The ability to take and follow instructions without close supervision.
- Good communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Dependability – ACI Facilitators need to arrive early for class on scheduled workdays. Having the equipment up and running and ready to go is critical for student success!
- Proof of full COVID vaccination
- Some experience with audio-visual equipment, including use of video conferencing cameras, microphones, document cameras, DVD/VHS players, overhead projectors etc.
Primary responsibility will be to act as a facilitator and provide limited technical support for SCC students at Albemarle Correctional Institute. The Facilitator will report directly to the Coordinator of Correctional Education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide assistance to the coordinator, instructors and students in a videoconference environment during class. Coordinator and instructor needs may include collecting attendance, passing out papers, making copies, emailing information, handing out tests, sending and receiving class materials, relaying pertinent information, and helping with other related activities.
- Operate classroom equipment as necessary to facilitate course instruction. This includes turning on all equipment, establishing the video connection when necessary, operating room cameras and microphones, document cameras, and other peripheral classroom equipment.
- Must be able to sit for long periods at a time during class to monitor equipment.
- Troubleshoot Canvas issues and video conference equipment problems with guidance from the Center for Teaching and Learning and IT Staff.
- Report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Must have a flexible schedule! Willing to work a schedule based on course schedules and be willing to assist with additional interactive video streaming.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and able to fulfill basic responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Professional attire (business casual) is requested.
- Assist with other assigned duties as needed: including but not limited to miscellaneous needs related to instructional video, helping with the Canvas learning management system, instructional manuals, web applications utilized for online courses, etc.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Complete any applicable ACI training
- Use of Zoom software
- MS Office 365 usage
- Other technical/computer training as needed.
Suggested Training: To be determined
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001