Facilitator-Criminal Justice Academy/Basic Law Enforcement Training
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Monday, November 14, 2022
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, January 16, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED/HSE with two years’ clerical experience or relevant associate degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Accurate recordkeeping skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge or experience with police records management
- Notary Public Certification required by time of employment
- Strong organization skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated competencies through internal testing required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 11/28/22
Assist the Director of Basic Law Enforcement Training in scheduling, implementing, and maintaining all classes in the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program; perform all administrative and clerical support for Director and all part-time instructors; assist in registration; generate student records and reports; serve as receptionist; assist with typing of curriculum course materials, student mailings, course announcements; coordinate and organize graduation, and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compose and type correspondence, memorandums, minutes, course documents, handouts, flyers, course mailings for BLET classes; notify by email all chiefs and training officers in area law enforcement.
- Set up and maintain filing system for general information, course information, files for all courses taught, files on each instructor including certifications, and files on each student in BLET; maintain records on student absences, failures, re-tests, make-up work, withdrawals, accidents, etc.; record and maintain records of all BLET student grades, averages, etc.; generate student progress reports to date on a weekly basis.
- Serve as liaison between part-time instructors and the College for registration, obtaining supplies, books, forms, printing, etc.; contact instructors on a daily basis regarding BLET schedule to remind them to teach on designated days; have course materials ready for instructor use for classes; type tests, materials, and handouts for instructors; administer BLET student tests, grade test, and record.
- Prepare, organize, disseminate and manage BLET application packets. Prepare and email BLET student acceptance letters. Meet with students to explain application packets and answer preliminary questions.
- Prepare and type contracts for BLET and CJ Academy instructors as well as obtaining signatures; maintain records of hours worked by part-time faculty and prepare information for payroll for Basic Law Enforcement and the CJ Academy. Compile class packets for all CJ classes (including contacts, rosters, registration forms, etc.). Forward completed class packets to registrar’s office in a timely manner.
- Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment needed for BLET classes, order books, manuals, and supplies. Maintain and file the records for the BLET / CJ Academy purchase card (P-Card).
- Collect and distribute various College and course forms including, but not limited to, registration forms, rosters, FTE reports, grade reports, contracts, evaluations, etc.; compile same and channel to appropriate person or department; enter daily BLET attendance rosters for monitoring student attendance for FTE reports, and the BLET program requirements.
- Maintain BLET instructor manual updates from the Criminal Justice Standards Division; maintain BLET film and media library.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission’s rules, and the North Carolina Sheriff’s Training and Standards Commission, regulations, and requirements, compliance issues and violation(s), understand and have working knowledge of the College’s authority to conduct BLET and Mandatory In-service Training (MIST), Detention Officer Certification Training, Telecommunicator Training, Speed Measuring Instrument Training and General Instructor training; recognize and understand the liability concerns regarding the conduct of the various Criminal Justice training programs.
- Assist Director with the scheduling of the various Criminal Justice programs; schedule days and instructors; coordinate classroom space; generate upcoming various Criminal Justice course information including BLET course information for registrar purposes.
- Compile information, type, and email all paperwork for the various Criminal Justice courses including Basic Law Enforcement Training classes to the Criminal Justice Standards Division in Raleigh or to other recipients as required or needed.
- Organize, purchase supplies for and coordinate graduation ceremony for BLET students; with the help of printing, generate BLET certificates, programs and special awards for graduates.
- Receive telephone calls, serve as receptionist, and provide general information to administration, staff, faculty, students, and public.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Maintain BLET Facebook page.
- Work with the School Director from the Sheriff’s Office to offer Detention Officer Certification Training.
- Produce certificates of completion for all CJ classes and mail to departments or individuals.
- Keep Campus Police and Housekeeping informed of all classes that fall outside normal business hours.
- Retrieval of historical files and information as requested by former students.
- Serve as the secretary for SPLETA (Southern Police Law Enforcement Training Association), which is the advisory group for BLET and the CJA.
- Serve on college committees to support the college as a whole.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact