Closes: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in nursing
- Registered nurse with an unencumbered license
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Two years’ experience as a registered nurse
- The applicant has at least one year (2000 hours) of RN experience in the provision of long term care facility services demonstrated by:
- working in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital, or
- supervising or teaching students in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital
- One year teaching experience in a secondary or post-secondary educational setting
- Two years community college teaching experience
- One-year supervisory experience
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
The Facilitator/Instructor, Nursing Assistant reports directly to the Coordinator/Instructor, Nursing Assistant. This position works in cooperation with the Coordinator/Instructor, Nursing Assistant and the Director of the Archdale Center on the leadership and day-to-day functioning of the program(s) or assigned area(s) to attain the goal of providing quality educational experiences for students. The Facilitator/Instructor, Nursing Assistant provides quality learning experiences, facilitates the learning process, advises students, seeks professional development opportunities, implements the curriculum education high school program, contributes to the development of continuing education courses/programs, and interacts with community/industry members.
- Teach all assigned courses for the full duration of scheduled instruction to include morning, afternoon, and/or evening courses
- Maintain a flexible work schedule which may include evenings, early mornings, and some weekend work
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and andragogy, and maintains currency
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback
- Explore, assess, and implement appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning outcomes and to promote student retention and progression
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet departmental needs
- Maintain cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s)
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to established template providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations and evaluation criteria
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate office hours and accessibility for students
- Serve as educational advisor to students by providing academic and employment planning
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College
- Advocate and provide motivation for students
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness, and completeness of all data
- Exert an effort to remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as feasible
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as needed and as appointed by the President and/or Vice President for Workforce Development & Continuing Education
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings, and other announced co-curricular activities of the College
- Always maintain proper communication and supportive relationships with all other units and branches of the college
- Maintain office and on-campus hours sufficient to fulfill all contracted duties and individual professional obligations, as well as to meet the needs of the discipline, department, division, and College
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205