Robeson Community College
5160 Fayetteville Road
Lumberton, NC 28360
Closes: Friday, September 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school dipolma or GED and must posses five years (5) years of broad based general maintenance work including plumbing, electricial, and HVAC, boilers, chillers, and welding. Must have a vaild NC Driver’s License.
Must be willing to work toward an Associate’s degree in Industrial Systems Technology, Electrical Systems Technology, HVAC Technology, Construction Technology or a degree with related course work.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety procedures coupled with an exemplary attitude in the application of such procedures in order to assure the safety of all faculty, students, and visitors, at all college locations.
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding and application of building codes and OSHA standard practices.
- Skilled in the use of power and hand tools including the care thereof.
- Ability to complete in a timely manner all tasks assigned both written and orally while concurrently providing other employees and students with a level of customer service which reflects a positive image of the Maintenance Department.
- Ability to climb, stoop, and bend for extended periods.
- Ability to work in close quarters and at heights for extended periods.
- Perform preventative maintenance on boilers and chillers, and perform annual inspections.
- Performs all plumbing repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Performs welding tasks as required for repair or preventative maintenance.
- Performs electrical duties as directed by the Facilities Director.
- Frequent visits to all three RCC campuses to perform repairs and preventative maintenance on boilers, chillers, electrical, painting, and plumbing.
- Monitors the condition of surfaces on buildings, equipment, etc., and renews or applies paint or other treatments (wallpaper) as needed while adhering to all required safety practices.
- Works safely with paint, chemicals and solvents by following instructions on labels, MSDS, and oral instructions (requires the use of respirator at times).
- Works with technicians, contractors, and others in building repairs and renovations, plumbing or HVAC system repairs/installation, electrical system repairs/installation, painting, and light construction estimates.
- Answers complaints; keeps records and submits reports of work completed and in progress.
- Keeps records and accounts of inventories of materials and tools.
- Ensure compliance with any and all regulations including, but not limited to, the use of personal protection, building codes, emergency codes, and OSHA standards.
- Subject to emergency call-in for critical system repairs, snow/ice removal, or other emergency duty.
- Communicates with personnel to help them improve performance.