Closes: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree (building construction or trades) or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in facility maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints and have an understanding of building specifications.
- Knowledge of the standard practices and methods of building trades.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, problem-solve, and document.
- Ability to communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Valid NC Driver’s license and must be maintained.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Must maintain physical conditioning necessary for walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Preference for a licensed General Contractor.
- Knowledge of door systems and hardware.
- Prefer some technical training in equipment repairs and building maintenance.
Under the direction of the Director of Facility Services this position performs a wide variety of capital project maintenance and other trade tasks, including but not limited to, construction, electrical, and mechanical in the maintenance, repair, and renovation of buildings and/or equipment.
- Oversee capital projects (new construction and renovations) on campus.
- Complete and/or coordinate repairs to buildings.
- Repair or replace/install new doors and hardware.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on vehicles and grounds equipment.
- Carpentry work including small renovation projects.
- Maintain inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Perform/Schedule preventative maintenance of buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
- Roof maintenance and repairs.
- Other duties as needed may include painting (internal/external), pressure washing on buildings and sidewalks, mowing, and general groundskeeping.
- Moving of heavy and/or delicate equipment and furniture on and off campus.
- Assist with snow removal or other inclement weather needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facility Services.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.