- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, May 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Due to the Art component of this position, the faculty member must have earned one of the following degrees by May 31, 2018:
*It is absolutely imperative that applicants be familiar with and supportive of the community college environment, mission, and students.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Desire to work in a thriving department
- Knowledge of the AFA degree program and its relationship to BAFA/BFA programs
- Desire to develop courses, new teaching methods, and otherwise contribute to the department
- Applicant should be quality-driven, enthusiastic, and eager to be part of a team
- Applicant must be willing to work during evenings and/or on weekends
- Desire to become an active member of the broader arts and cultural community of Rowan and Cabarrus Counties
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Faculty – Visual Art (Two-Dimensional) Instructor. The Visual Arts Instructor will work within the Department of Fine & Applied Arts and teach any/all Two-Dimensional studio courses as needed. Courses may include, but are not limited to, Two-Dimensional Design, Drawing I&II, Painting I&II, Figure Drawing I&II, and/or Printmaking I&II. Instructor must be specialized in at least one two-dimensional medium but be willing to teach as a generalist in whatever capacity is needed.
The Faculty – Visual Art (Two-Dimensional) Instructor will also be expected to advise students, to help maintain facilities and software, to assist in promoting safety throughout the department, in developing/improving curriculum, SLOs, and assessment tools, and perform other duties as assigned by the Program Chair.
All faculty in the Department of Fine & Applied Arts are expected to fully participate in and support activities outside of the classroom such as student exhibitions, related college events, and also work off campus within the creative community. They are expected to know and participate in the cultural fabric of the Rowan and/or Cabarrus Communities. These events often occur in the evenings and/or on the weekends, and all full-time faculty are required to participate.