Rockingham Community College, Wentworth, NC 27375
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Diploma in Welding from a regionally accredited institution; minimum 3 years work experience in welding or related field or as a welding instructor within the past 5 years; and, ability to obtain the American Welding Society [AWS] Certified Welding Educator (CWE) credential within the first 12 months of employment.
Associate of Applied Science [AAS] in Welding or related area and Post-Secondary teaching experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide quality learning experiences in credit and non-credit courses in area of subject matter expertise
• Interact with the program advisory committee to determine state-of-the-art practices, procedures, and equipment related to maintaining an up-to-date instructional program that would be valued and needed by the
•Monitor professional information sources to determine trends and innovations in one’s field that lend themselves to integration into the instructional program.
• Develop with other program faculty and appropriate administration, program level competencies that outline expected student learning outcomes.
• Identify and/or develop instructional materials needed to teach the program competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by Rockingham Community College, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities. Includes adhering to local, state, and federal regulations.
• Provide leadership in the development of appropriate assessments of established learning outcomes for all courses taught in the program.
• Implement and provide effective instruction that demonstrates appropriate knowledge of specialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
• Demonstrate the effective use of pedagogical methods to meet various student learning styles and/or guiding instructors to do the same.
• Administer appropriate assessment to measure student learning outcomes
• Maintain appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the management of classroom and lab facilities and/or guiding instructors to do the same.
• Maintain compliance with established North Carolina Community College System performance measures, national benchmarks, etc. for the appropriate curriculum as prescribed by the North Carolina Community College System and accrediting entities.
• Demonstrate timely and accurate record management
• Available to students on a regular basis for out-of-class tutorial support in the courses he or she is assigned to teach and/or guiding instructors to do the same.
• Recruit students for respective program and other programs at Rockingham Community College.
• Serve as an academic advisor to students with advising responsibilities in the assigned program relative to course requirements, expectations, and completion standards.
• Participate in the college’s registration and orientation sessions as assigned.
• Coordinate retention strategies with the appropriate program faculty, other Department Chairs, Directors, Program Coordinators, appropriate administration, and Student Services personnel to maximize student retention.
• Provide placement assistance to graduates of or students within the assigned program.
• Develop bid specifications for instructional equipment, materials, and supplies for the assigned program.
• Work a minimum 38-hour workweek in accordance with policies outlined in the Instructional Procedures Manual.
• Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, briefings, and training sessions called to expedite the business of the college.
• Attend extracurricular functions such as graduation, campus fund drives, etc. that promote the collegiate life.
• Serve on college committees as assigned to expedite college business and to be involved in the decision-making process of the college.
• Maintain effective intra-institution relationships with members of the Board of Trustees, President’s Senior Staff, and Administrative Staff, faculty, and support personnel of the college.
• Promote Rockingham Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
• Participate in Rockingham Community College, North Carolina Community College System, and other authorized professional development programs upon request; and, pursue local, state, regional, or national certifications that qualify one’s work against recognized standards in his or her field.