Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue, Asheboro, NC 27205
Closes: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in business administration, accounting, or related field.
- One year of experience working in a customer service capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field.
- One year of experience working in a financial position
- One year of experience working with veterans education benefits
- One year of experience working with document imaging software
- One year of experience working with the financial aid modules in the North Carolina Community College’s student information system
The Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Associate will be part of a team tasked with administering the college's need-based, merit-based and veterans student aid programs. The Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Associate assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing the financial aid and veterans affairs program of the college, and assists students in obtaining information about and applying for financial aid and veterans education benefits.
Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Program Coordination
- Comply with all federal/state/institutional requirements and advise senior staff on necessary actions to maintain compliance.
- Assist students that apply for financial aid and/or veteran’s education benefits, make corrections when necessary, and answer general financial aid and/or veterans education benefit questions.
- Maintain applicant files, check forms for completion, and review files for completion and accuracy.
- Ensure duties/processes, as assigned, are completed according to regulatory requirements and institutional expectations (e.g., VA Certifications, Verification, Awarding, etc.)
- Coordinate financial aid or veterans affairs programs, as assigned, to ensure exemplary customer service, as well as compliance (e.g., work study, childcare, scholarships, private education loans, etc.)
- Help maintain student records in the Colleague system.
- Assist with registration duties and adjusts awards according to enrollment status.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, if requested, for financial aid functions (e.g., financial aid awareness nights, FAFSA Day, Veterans Benefits Fair, etc.)
- Review methods of processing and reporting for improving efficiency.
- Provide timely and accurate clerical functions to support the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs and ensure the duties of the office are fulfilled.
- Work closely with outside agencies to ensure requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs in the Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluation and preparation of student notifications each semester.
- Provide updates, as necessary, for the Policies and Procedures manual.
- Review programs of study, transcript status, awards, certifications, etc. to ensure compliance with federal/state/institutional regulations regarding financial aid and veteran’s education benefits eligibility.
Student Services Program Coordination
- Assist in preparing the College for audits and program reviews and respond appropriately.
- Monitor, oversee, and coordinate with external and internal partners new and existing programs to ensure compliance with the college’s mission.
- Review and implement changes to processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Compile statistical data and reports to evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of programs and to generate program changes or additions.
- Review and recommend changes to student services policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, local and college goals, objectives, procedures, policies, and laws.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
Interested and qualified individuals must apply online at http://www.randolph.edu/rcc-jobs.html
Position is open until filled.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205