Randolph Community College
Closes: Monday, February 10, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Two years of experience working in a financial position
- Two years of experience working in a customer services capacity
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Two years of experience working in a financial aid office
- Two years of experience working with veteran’s education benefits
- Two years of experience working with document imaging software
- Two years of experience working with the financial aid modules in the North Carolina Community College’s student information system
The Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Specialist reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs. The Specialist will be part of a team tasked with administering the college's need-based, merit-based and veterans student aid programs. The Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Specialist assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing the financial aid and veterans affairs program of the college, and assists students in obtaining information about and applying for financial aid and veterans benefits.
Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Program Management
- Coordinate and maintain the Veterans Affairs program (e.g. VA catalog approval process, special events, etc.).
- Provide updates, as necessary, for VA policies.
- Process VA files and assists VA students to ensure exemplary customer service as well as compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Counsel and advise students concerning financial aid opportunities, application processes and financial management strategies
- Create student files and send appropriate correspondence when the student information is received from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Maintain applicant files, check financial aid forms for completion, and review financial aid files for completion.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Make informational presentations on financial aid policies and procedures
- Review methods of processing and reporting for improving efficiency.
- Provide timely and accurate clerical functions to support the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs.
- Work closely with outside agencies to ensure student authorization forms are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs in the Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluation and preparation of student notifications each semester.
- Work closely with other Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs staff to fulfill the duties expected of the office.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs, or Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs in the absence of the Director.
Student Services Program Management
- Assist in preparing the College for audits and program reviews and respond appropriately.
- Monitor, oversee, and coordinate with external and internal partners new and existing programs to ensure compliance with the college’s mission.
- Review and implement changes to processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Compile statistical data and reports to evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of programs and to generate program changes or additions.
- Review and recommend changes to student services policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, local and college goals, objectives, procedures, policies, and laws.
- Practice exemplary student customer service skills.
- Practice exemplary colleague customer service skills.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205