Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Monday, July 11, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from a regionally accredited institution and some knowledge of the rules and regulations governing state and federal student aid programs including Pell Grant, Federal Work Study, Veterans Programs, and Federal Direct Student Loans. Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail needed.
Works with the Director of Financial Aid in administering federal, state, and local financial aid programs for students who meet eligibility criteria with responsibility for the Veterans Administration (VA) Programs. Support functions include, but are not limited to: assisting students with applications and registration, responding to student inquiries, data entry and retrieval, preparation and mail-out of correspondence, management of multiple databases, and filing.
- Certify eligible students for VA benefits using VA Once
- Assist students in the application process for financial aid.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of student financial aid files.
- Assist during the registration period by reviewing each student's file for completeness.
- Assist veteran students on action steps needed regarding veterans’ benefits and maintain adequate records showing progress.
- Verify VA students are meeting the school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Develop a cordial working relationship with high school personnel, VA Regional Office, State Veterans Approval Agency and civic organizations.
- Submit annual catalog documentation to the State Approving Agency in a timely manner.
- Award student state and federal grant funds.
- Coordinate with the Business Office concerning 3rd party billing for Chapter 31 and 33 VA students.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform duties as assigned which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Ability to maintain files in file cabinets.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.