Morehead City, NC
Closes: Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Associate degree in business, accounting or related field.
Experience: One year of clerical work experience in an office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Word processing, spreadsheet and database training or experience, and at least one year working in an financial aid office.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Financial Aid Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first application review will be completed on March 10, 2021. Apply online at www.carteret.edu; include a resume and cover letter.
Pay Level 6. Budgeting Hiring Range: $30,512 - $34,325. annual
The Financial Aid Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, provides financial aid services to students at Carteret Community College. The Coordinator will conduct student needs analysis, perform federal verification and packaging of student aid, certify federal loan eligibility, make professional judgment decisions regarding student aid eligibility, adjudicate satisfactory academic progress appeals, provide group presentations, and facilitate problem solving with students and parents. The Coordinator will provide leadership and program management for an area of specialization, such as loans, grants, work-study, scholarships/institutional grants, systems support, and customer service/consumer information. Incumbents in this job classification are accountable for ensuring compliance with federal regulations and safeguarding the institution's eligibility to participate in Title IV Programs.
- Assist with the electronic processing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This includes data entry of initial applications and renewals, corrections, and sends and receives data from the federal processor. The incumbent counsels students and families regarding financial aid eligibility and financial aid application procedures.
- The incumbent is responsible for monitoring drop/withdraw reports both for financial aid and veteran students.
- The incumbent should be familiar with the Federal tax return and filing processes.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring financial aid forms and related materials are current and are available for current and prospective students.
- The incumbent tracks incomplete financial aid files, notifies students of missing documents, and verifies completion of files before sending to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Monitors and evaluates satisfactory academic progress of students. Adjudicates student appeals relating to academic progress.
- Participates in annual training and professional organization to keep abreast of new information and program changes to be implements.
- Packages Federal and State aid.
- The incumbent assist with Financial Aid set-up for incoming academic years.
- The incumbent assists with financial aid workshops and other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions as herein described.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557