Lee Main Campus
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business, Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of related work experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- An individual with a good eye for detail and exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are required for the financial aid research and data integrity components of the position.
- Strong accounting and fiscal management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and use financial aid management software with a preference for Datatel Colleague experience.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of students records.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to financial aid.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment based upon a thorough knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Knowledge of college admissions policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to work independently with light supervision.
- Ability to supervise office personnel.
- Ability to identify challenges and implement solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high fast paced environment, and ability to readily adjust to change.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply laws, regulations, and procedures concerning financial aid programs.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, including proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not re-appy. Open until filled.
The Financial Aid Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and administering all facets of the Federal Work Study, State Grants, and Institutional student aid programs in accordance with federal and state regulations. Responsibilities include developing and implementing program guidelines to ensure efficiency and effective delivery and administration of funds, managing changes in enrollment for aid recipients; attendance records; outstanding balances; account adjustments; budget projections and student notifications. The Financial Aid Coordinator provides autonomous oversight for the outreach, implementation, management, and reconciliation functions of the assigned student aid programs. This position serves as an institutional and regulatory liaison with federal, state, or local stakeholders, a program policy expert, and a support staff to the Assistant Director of Processing.
Occasional travel to meetings, training sessions, and conferences as required
- Independently manages the implementation, critical and direct oversight, and regulatory process for the Federal Work Study, State Grant, & Institutional student financial aid programs.
- Coordinates the assessment activities for Federal Work Study, State Grant, & Institutional Financial Aid programs including: setting goals and priorities, clarifying policy, and developing internal control procedures, and developing budgets.
- Utilizes advance project management skills to conduct complex program data analysis, generate analytical reports, and use sophisticated mathematical skills to project multi-year awards as well as annual award projections and awarding model simulations for managerial decision-making.
- Serves as an institutional program subject-matter expert for the Federal Work Study, State Grant, & Institutional Financial Aid programs including all applicable federal, state, and institutional regulations and administrative responsibilities.
- Reconciles the Federal Work Study, State Grant, & Institutional Financial Aid programs to ensure compliance and to demonstrate administrative capability as required by regulations. Responsible for all fund reconciliations and fiscal management including weekly fund monitoring and weekly reports to senior management.
- Certifies and tests the accuracy of the annual program setup for the Federal Work Study, State Grants, and Institutional student aid programs in Colleague, including the following modules: financial aid; auto packager; fund transmittals, communications management; and satisfactory academic progress;
- Prepares budgets and reports necessary for the administration of the Federal Work Study, State Grants, and Institutional student aid programs for Director approval;
- Works in conjunction with the Students Relations Team, as needed during high peak times, to counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning.
- Supports the Assistant Director of Processing with various processing related tasks.
- Develops and conduct FA presentations as requested for assigned area and/or programs, as well as assist in the office's participation of outreach activities, including but not limited to new student Orientation, workshops, financial aid information sessions, high school outreach programs, FAFSA days;
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.